Monday, October 3, 2022

Victimized Again

By: Tatiyana Pruitt

Left: Rita Isbell delivering a victim impact statement at Jeffrey Dahmer's sentencing in 1992. Right: Rita Isbell in a more recent photo.

Insider 


On Sunday, September 25th, 2022, Rita Isbell spoke against Netflix’s new documentary, “Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story”, Isbell, the sister of Errol Lindsey who was one of Jeffrey Dahmer’s victims, spoke on how insensitive it was for them to use their trauma to profit off a story that they weren’t contacted about or didn’t get any benefits. Isbell, expressed her anger about the show bringing up memories and emotions that she was forced to relive again. “I’m still learning how to forgive, even if I don’t understand, and keep on with my life. I can’t change other people or things that have happened. I can only change myself.” Rita said.


Click ‘Read More’ to comment.




No comments:

Post a Comment